Period and Breast feeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure where to post this but I will try here.

My son is 10 months I exclusively breast feed (he does eat but it is not a complete meal yet) At 6 months I got my period back. (WIth my other 2 kids it was at 1year) I think I got it back because he would sleep through the night most nights. Anyways I didn't get my period last month (2 weeks ago) and was wondering if anyone has gotten their period a few times then had it go away again? We didn't have unprotected sex and I am not sure we even had any (3 kids) and I really don't want to spend the $ on a test so please tell me it can go away once you have had it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM

mine is all wonky. i got one at 11 1/2 wks pp, then at 15 wks pp and not again until 21 wks pp. good luck!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 AM

Mine came back at 4 months even though my DD wasn't STTN (not anywhere close!)....actually she was nursing around the clock still.
I've been regular at 26-31 days since then. IMO- I think you need to test.

Carrie~ wife to Ryan, and finally mama to Emmery (1/15/09) via IVF after 3 1/2 years TTC!
Breast Feeding, Bed Sharing, Baby Wearing, Select/Delayed Vaxing, Attached Family
Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM

I got mine back with first ds at 14 months and it was very irregular. anywhere from 30-60+ days apart until I actually did get pregnant when he was 23 months. It had always been regular before.

I wouldn't bother with the test unless I started getting to "feel" pregnant, which you probably would recognize after 3. Of course, that would be different if I was needing to take meds etc.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 PM

My period afer DS was like this, have a period then not for up to 3 months then have one sometimes 2 months in a row repeat, repeat (you get the idea) I got my period back 8 wks after he was born. So it can be normal. With that said when he was just over a year I had a hunch and took a test and found out I was 10 wks pregnant. So moral of my story, it may be normal for you, but you can get really great test at dollar stores for only 1$. You ususally have to ask at the register for them, but on the months you dont get your period take one just to be sure. I wouldnt stress to much about it.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

User Tag List