Peanut - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-14-2010, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a weird question for you. My 8 month old is wittle. Not unhealthy little by any means. He is in the 50-75th %ile. Chunky, healthy, happy. The problem is in other people's perception. My first son was a BIG boy. Always huge. So, of course every one is always talking about how little Kai is compared to how big his brother was. I am getting so tired of people saying and insinuating that I have poor milk or that he isn't eating enough and I need to switch him to formula or whatever. I just don't know what to say to people anymore with out getting ugly with them! Help!

Amy~ Crunchy mummy to Dane (9-15-07) & Kai (9-14-09)
#2 of 6 Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 PM

I would just say "He looks pretty perfect to me!"

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#3 of 6 Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

I have tried telling them that he looks fine to me and his doctor. My MIL even went so far as to say we needed a new doctor. I am just at wits end!

#4 of 6 Old 05-15-2010, 02:15 AM

I get the same thing all the time, except my DD is pretty small (15%). She is almost 9 months and 90% of all of her food is BM, people are always commenting about how small she is and that we may try giving her "real" food. It used to bother me a little, but I figured if I let everything that everyone disagreed with me about (extended BF'ing, no CIO, homebirth, AP...) get to me, I would be miserable. Now I just laugh and say, "yeah, we will get right on that!"

Mama to Madelynn 8/16/2009 and awaiting buggy #2 March/2011 , partner to DH

#5 of 6 Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 AM

I am sorry you having to go through this!

Children come in different sizes, even in the same family! Ds#1 was much bigger than ds#2.

I started saying "Well, that's something to think about" then I'd change the subject. I just kept doing what I thought was best and ignored any well-intentioned, but bad advice I got.

I had my kids a looong time ago and it makes me sad that nearly 22 years later women are STILL having to deal with so much bad advice and so much misunderstanding about breastfeeding.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#6 of 6 Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas! Its so good to know I am not the only one dealing with idiots! The thing that bothers me I guess is that he isn't even that small! Just smallER than my first born. To me he is perfection, why don't they understand that??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page