Hands-free suggestions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-21-2010, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the Medela PIS that I got with my first son (7 years ago). The hands-free system involves some plastic pieces that slip over the horns and rubber bands that are attached to the bra and then hooked over the plastic. With my first son, I used Medela bras with fabric loops for attaching the rubber bands. I was able to pick up a couple more with my second son, but it looks like they're being discontinued. I'm not crazy about the bras anyway, as they tend to rub my skin after a while. Right now, I tend to wear my regular soft-cups and only use the Medelas when I know I'll be pumping.

I would love to have a new hands-free system, preferably an easy one for when I (hopefully) start back to work this fall. I'm large-chested (42 DD right now, 38/40 D before the pregnancy), so I need some support, which is something that seems to be lacking from the set-ups I've read about online.

Any suggestions out there?
#2 of 5 Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 PM

here is what works for me. My DD will be 6 months next week. I pump daily at work. I'm a 42DDD (42DD prepregnancy). I wear my regular bras (no underwire) and use the two hair tie trick I learned from kellymom. I just loop them around my bra straps and lift up my cups. It has been very easy for me and no nursing bras needed.
#3 of 5 Old 05-21-2010, 11:06 PM

here's the link for the kellymom tip

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html

I just tried it this week at work and it worked great. I'm a 36F and there was enough tension to keep the horns where they needed to be. I used rubber bands from my desk/office supplies. Saved me $30 bucks for a hands free bra or bustier. I am throwing some hair ties in my pump bag now.

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#4 of 5 Old 05-22-2010, 05:35 AM

I'm a G/H cup, so I feel your pain. I was never able to find an easy/cheap system to work when I EPd for my twins 8 years ago. So, when I EPd after my surro son was born, I used an Easy Expressions Bustier. It was okay but offered little support.

I've come across a Simple Wishes bra and OMG, I have yet to EP with it, but when I tried it on - BLISS! It supported my breasts, it held the flanges/bottles up properly and it was comfortable. I have two! I can't wait to use it after my next surro babe is born.
#5 of 5 Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 AM

I'm a DD/E currently and use an Easy Expressions hands free bra to pump. I love it!!!

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page