For those VERY well endowed... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 06-03-2010, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Megan... What GORGEOUS pictures!!! And I love your quote. I think for those who have never had - or at least been friends with "us" - they don't understand. I am sorry that her comments were so hurtful. I am so glad that you have a wonderful bond with your child.

And I think, at least personally, that breastfeeding - helps me to "deal" with this difficult area of body image. I have always had a difficult time w/ my body due to the large size of my breasts. I always feel like "here comes Heather's boobs." Because - let's face it, when people meet me, you can't help to focus on the "k's" BUT... they do have a purpose. And my three gorgeous babies are proof of it. It's almost cathartic.

Heather: wife to Chris ; mama to Sophia (7/03) ; Juliana (8/07):; and Peter (3/12/10)
#32 of 54 Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 PM

I hate that breasts are considered "fair game" as a topic of discussion. People love to point out to me that I have large breasts, and I have no idea what they expect to acomplish by doing so. Megan, I thought the pictures were lovely, and if your breasts were the first thing they focused on, there's something wrong with them. (edit to add: something wrong with the speaker, not your breasts!)
#33 of 54 Old 06-03-2010, 03:23 PM

I agree, the pics are great!

that comment reminds me of something my sister did: posted a pic of me putt-putt golfing with an arrow pointed at my breasts and the caption was "gorgeous" or something. I mean, really? my sister? (yes it was a v-neck shirt, but still)

My breasts have always been large, and for some reason, a "fair game" topic . . . I don't mind really, but sometimes people don't realize they are being hurtful. Like my mother not wanting me to run because she was afraid my breasts would bounce up and hit my face (not sure this is possible).

I think the hardest part is there isn't anyone IRL that can really empathize.

Oh! I figured out how to BF while DS is in the carseat! hooray for large boobs!

and I don't know how you would nurse in a carrier either. maybe a sling or the moby. But defo not the ergo.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#34 of 54 Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Like my mother not wanting me to run because she was afraid my breasts would bounce up and hit my face (not sure this is possible).

I'm so sorry!!! I can't believe someone actually thought that, especially your mom. Mine might be able to after I am done nursing my third kid.

I do try to joke around w/ DH & friends - that I will need that reduction - or I will have my jugs knocking my knees every time I try to walk. (Laughter is good medicine.)

Heather: wife to Chris ; mama to Sophia (7/03) ; Juliana (8/07):; and Peter (3/12/10)
#35 of 54 Old 06-04-2010, 10:02 PM

I couldn't have spotted this thread on a better day! I must confess I had an "I HATE my boobs" meltdown today

Does anyone out there have suggestions where to purchase a bathing suit top that will cover these things??? I shed some tears over find NOTHING appropriate while shopping today...I haven't been measured since my breast feeding boobs kicked but I'm guessing I'm around a 36G. We took DS swimming for the first time last weekend and he loves it (I ended up wearing 2 of my pre baby tops that created almost appropriate coverage and support)! If you have had some bathing suit success please post!

I'm so frustrated by the "your boobs are HUGE" comments from my friends and co workers. I feel like they are so unproportionate with the rest of my body! My back always hurts, they crush me in my sleep, I wake up with major hot flashes, I'm over it and breastfeeding seems to have no end in sight! Ok, I'm done complaining for now...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#36 of 54 Old 06-05-2010, 02:28 AM

I got this top at Target (I hope that link works, I know it's really long) and have been really happy with it so far-

http://www.target.com/Plus-Size-Mero..._com_brand-bin
#37 of 54 Old 06-06-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Early in the thread someone mentioned Bravissamo for swimsuits. I looked at them - they are bra sized for the Super curvey ... unfortunately - we are in a finance crunch; so I can't afford them.

#38 of 54 Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 PM

I bought mine at Kohl's . . the support is great and it actually is pretty good coverage, and I am able to nurse in it. It's a tankini. Not bad, though I was willing to spend up to $100 on a suit, I spent 1/2 that.

While my band size is going down a little with weight loss (down 4-5 lbs from pre-baby weight!) the cup size doesn't seem to be going down any. I am 6 months PP . . . did any of you notice any reduction, ever? or maybe not until I am done nursing? which I probably won't be anytime in the forseeable future. *sigh* I've been large chested forever. but I'd like to buy victoria's secret again . . . or Target!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#39 of 54 Old 06-12-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
While my band size is going down a little with weight loss (down 4-5 lbs from pre-baby weight!) the cup size doesn't seem to be going down any. I am 6 months PP . . . did any of you notice any reduction, ever? or maybe not until I am done nursing? which I probably won't be anytime in the forseeable future. *sigh* I've been large chested forever. but I'd like to buy victoria's secret again . . . or Target!
I measured a 34DD when my first son was 3 months old... By the time he was a year I was about 10 lbs less my pre-preg weight (I was a size 6) and my cupsize did go down to maybe a C or D (oh I miss those days!!!!). He was still nursing at that time, too. He is now turning 3 and I have a second son who is 3 months and am a 32F!!!! It is so difficult to shop for bras etc when your band size is so small. I have hope that my cupsize will decrease in 6-9 months...

[FONT="Verdana"]Kate, mom to S(6/07) and Y(3/10)
#40 of 54 Old 06-12-2010, 11:04 PM

34H/I checking in here! tandem nursing. could feed a continent!

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
#41 of 54 Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 PM

I got 3 tankini tops at Target a few weeks ago... they were clearanced for under $6. Wonderful fit - enough space for the wonder twins. I've been doing laps at the pool and they stay put and make me look good! I haven't seen the same deal at their website as I got in the store.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#42 of 54 Old 06-15-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurve View Post
34H/I checking in here! tandem nursing. could feed a continent!

#43 of 54 Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 PM

Ahhh! Thank you!

I had an extra cup size before I had the first pregnancy test, and I was an F before!

I'm plodding away with just 2 nursing bras (LO is 3 weeks old), both from Nordstrom. The Anita fits OK (it is an underwire) but I miss the nice shape of my Lane Bryant (Cacique) balconette. This Elle McPherson one Nordstrom sold me is cute but it's HORRIBLE for larger sizes. All they did was add an extra few rows of hooks to a 36, so the straps are too far to the side, and I don't know what's up with the cups. "Add more fabric" isn't the answer for big cup sizes!

I got some Target nursing tanks that everyone raves about ... but the full sling, you could see the "O" of the hole, and the side sling just seemed screwed up. But I haven't tried them on again since I started nursing - could be that now I'm less picky ;-) I just go braless at home (fortunately I don't leak at all) and keep rewashing the one Anita from when I go out.

Funny someone mentioned the football (clutch) hold felt really wrong: When I started, it was all that worked for me. Now I think I'm doing the cross cradle, or cradle, or whatever -- mostly because it lets me nurse without hands (using a Boppy).

Side-lieing works with a Boppy, but yeah -- SO hard to help him latch on. I made a mess of my trapezius muscles on both sides of my back, getting him and me into the right position.
#44 of 54 Old 06-15-2010, 11:57 PM

I'm a small person with a bit larger breasts. 30DD.

Trying to buy a nursing bra was a horrible experience. Not even a specialty shop could help. Why is a size 30 impossible to find?

I ended up with a sports stretchy 32-36D, but I would love something that fits better and offers some support for my breasts. Sadly, I have a one year old now, and I'm still wearing one of two sports nursing bras.

I'm so jealous when I see lots of nursing bras at Walmart/Target for cheap, but they start at a 36, maybe 34 if you're lucky.
#45 of 54 Old 06-16-2010, 11:54 AM

Great thread!! I was a size D before pregnancy, now I am not sure what size I am now, but at least double what I was!! I had trouble finding clothes before I was pregnant, now it is almost impossible. I also want to get a reduction at some point. I can't wear underwires, I tried, but they are super painful for some reason, and annoying when trying to nurse. I am a uniboober too. The Target nursing tanks fit well, provide at least some support, and are the right price..They are holding up well too. Motherhood bras and nursing tanks are a waste of money, I couldn't find a bra that fit, and I bought a couple of nursing tanks from Motherhood which fell apart after the first month. I wear my nursing tanks 24/7, so they need to be indestructible.

I soo agree with the Mei Tei posts!!! I have a hard time with the back carry as well, I look like a freak!! I do love the mei tei for front and side carry, though. I also can't nurse with a sling, just doesn't work, my girls hang too low or nipples in the wrong place or something. BUT, I can sit cross legged with bebe in my lap and nurse hands free! AH, the little things..

fly-by-nursing1.gifSAHM living on the beautiful Eastern Shore with my husband the car nut banghead.gif, and bebe Eleanor, born 9/16/09 luxlove.gif plus two kitties! cat.gif
#46 of 54 Old 06-17-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe's Mom View Post
BUT, I can sit cross legged with bebe in my lap and nurse hands free! AH, the little things..
ha ha!! i am tandem nursing right now, hands free and as you can tell - typing and surfing on the internet!!

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
#47 of 54 Old 07-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Brand new to this, maybe you gals can help... I'm a 32G, and need to find a supportive nursing bra. Don't have a lot of money to waste on one that doesn't fit right. Am very desperate only have a few weeks til I go back to work and am very worried about return policies from places online (not very online savvy as you can tell) Any suggestions MUCH MUCH appreciated!!! Thanks!
#48 of 54 Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 PM

herroom.com has a great return policy, and a great selection of nursing bras for all sizes.

that said, I love my bravado bras! supportive and not too much $$

#49 of 54 Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Oh wow, I wish I would've come across this sooner!!! I was a 36D pre-pregnancy. Now with a 1.5 year old nursling I'm something like a 36J (I haven't been measured recently, so I'm just guessing). It's sooo hard to find anything because most places answers are just to make the band bigger instead of the cup size, which leaves me sagging, and gives me HUGE backaches.

I just have one bra right now that I HATE but there's nowhere locally that sells bras in my size except for that shop that I bought my current one at. It's a great shop for breastfeeding moms but, ugh, I hate this bra! I really want one with underwire because without is just nowhere near enough support for me and I feel like they are hanging down to my ankles!

Oh, and I so had family members constantly worrying that DD would suffocate when she was a newborn.

I also HATE all nursing wear because there's just nothing that fits well. I end up having to get gigantic sizes that just never look good. I know I'm carrying some extra baby weight but I have a feelling a good portion is in my breasts.

BTW, how do you guys exercise? I have one sports bra that is way too small that has to be coupled with another bra of mine (that doesn't fit right by at least has a lot of support), it's the only way I get through an exercise routine (and I normally end up with the 4 boob look by the end ).
#50 of 54 Old 07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
ssh

Having a good fit can make a big difference. I was wearing a 38 H in medela nursing bra and I'm in a 38 K goddess bra now. The back aches are gone and the bra doesn't move. You know shift during the day because it really doesn't fit right. I got it from Herroom. No where local sells my size.

My 4.5 year old DD weaned herself around last October, but my boobs are still the same size. As for exercise, I walk, stationary bike and lift weights. So nothing too high impact. I've also noticed my boobs get bigger with each kid, I only have 2, but they stay bigger.
#51 of 54 Old 07-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
I was wearing Lane Bryant bras while pregnant and pre-pregnancy. My problem was the G sized UW bra fabric came up really high on the sides and that was extremely uncomfortable.
I removed the small piece of extra boning on the sides - it made a huge difference.

Moving Comfort has great super comfortable and supportive sports bras for DD/E sizes although they are about $50-$60. I know, not breastfeeding related, but it took me years to find someone who made a sports bra in my size so I thought I would pass along the information.

15 years ago, when I needed good nursing bras in larger sizes (38 DDD/E/F), they were impossible to find. Didn't think to look online back then.
#52 of 54 Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 PM

Before pregnancy I wore an E and wore the moving comfort sports bras for running. Now that I'm in a 36/38 J I'm not sure I'll be running anymore My new favorite bras are the Fancee Free ones I got from Motherwear. They fit really well--but I also leak all the time and have a messy eater so I have to change bras sometimes mid-day. On the plus side, in the Fancee Free bra I can nurse with one hand--really good breast support while nursing! I tried to bf while wearing the babe but couldn't figure out how to get the baby and the nipple anywhere near the same place

The motherwear tops I own are discrete for NIP, but not terribly flattering--the frump factor is pretty high. I'm doing a wedding in August and trying to figure out what to wear.

I do find that the weight of my own breasts if I lie on my side all night (baby next to me) lends to clogged ducts--ouch!

The elliptical machine is a relatively bounceless option...but anyone want to recommend something in a J that works as a sports bra?

I did try the Mei Tai high back carry and it worked well...I didn't even think about trying the crossed straps over the front! I do find tho that the woven wrap gives me some lovely extra boob support

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#53 of 54 Old 07-10-2010, 01:18 PM

SPorts bra? No.
Sports bras? Yes

I wear my best supportive bra with one of those generic sports boob smashers OVER it.

And voila! I can do jumping jacks!
#54 of 54 Old 07-13-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Last kiddo - I found a "Glamorise" sports bra at JCPenny - online. But I was a G/H then; now I am a 34K; so Sports bra's are hard to find. But I actually ran a mini-Marathon in that one. (However I did do the generic boob smasher thing over - just for a little extra bounce control.)
I am too afraid to even attempt running now. I have such neck & back issues w/ just normal day stuff. Too bad - b/c that is a great stress reliever for me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page