Thrush? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2010, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure if I have thrush - I see my OB next week for my 6-week post partum appt. and will ask.

1. My nipple tips are slightly pink (rosy pink color). I have some shooting, electric link pains in my breast randomly but I am not sure if that is related to letdown. There are no other major symptoms. My nipples are not sore.

2. Baby does not have any white spots on mouth.

I am reading some much about thrush on breastfeeding forums so don't know if I am over-reacting?

thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't know if this is true for all, but for me, thrush was accompanied by very intense pain both during and AFTER nursing. SHarp shooting pains. My nips were very pink, but I find that they are just more pink while nursing anyway. And my babe did have white spots in the mouth, but you could have thrush without that.

Could be that you are catching it early though. . .you could look at Dr Jack Newman's candida protocol and do some of the least invasive/complicated things. Like rinsing with vinegar and see if that helps.

For me let-down feels sorta like pins and needles (the way an arm or leg feels after it falls asleep), but not exactly. Sort of a tight feeling. But it probably varies form woman to woman, I guess you need to figure out what's normal for you sensation -wise.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

User Tag List