Nursing tops??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-31-2010, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been searching for days for some cheap but cute nursing tops. I'm not looking to go broke, I just want to find some actual tops besides tank tops made for nursing. I'm not the type to expose myself to anyone, and frankly I'm sick of looking at my own belly every time I have to feed DS. Anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking along the lines of old navy, pricewise, but they only have a few. I can't believe that there isn't more out there, given how much they encourage breastfeeding nowadays.

Mom to Kevin,bfinfant.gif : born naturally 4-7-10 nocirc.gif

#2 of 9 Old 05-31-2010, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I never bought anything special. I would wear a shelf bra tank under whatever shirt I was wearing and just lift the top shirt up and pull the tank down. That way the belly is covered and I didn't have to buy anything special. I am small chested, so it worked well for me. I had a few nursing tops and I hated them. Too much trouble and fabric for my taste.

Good luck

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 9 Old 05-31-2010, 01:12 PM

I don't have one because we rarely NIP anymore, but I'd recommend an Undercover Mama. That way you can use all of your current shirts. I wanted to buy two of these, but have made it work with really stretchy, very thin, lace-trimmed camis that I bought at Kohls on the clearance rack. (So I pull the cami down and lift my shirt.)

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#4 of 9 Old 05-31-2010, 02:34 PM

I second the undercover mama, I LOVE mine! Here's a link http://undercovermama.com/
#5 of 9 Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post
I never bought anything special. I would wear a shelf bra tank under whatever shirt I was wearing and just lift the top shirt up and pull the tank down. That way the belly is covered and I didn't have to buy anything special. I am small chested, so it worked well for me. I had a few nursing tops and I hated them. Too much trouble and fabric for my taste.

Good luck

Exactly what I did.

enjoying motherhood way more than science:
married to DH love.gif (2003) mama to DDenergy.gif(Nov 2008) & DSbabyf.gif   (Mar 2011)

#6 of 9 Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Wow I never heard of the undercover mama...that's cool! Thanks for the link!

Mom to Kevin,bfinfant.gif : born naturally 4-7-10 nocirc.gif

#7 of 9 Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM

So glad I read this. I hadn't heard of undercover mama either but have been looking for nursing tops too. The undercover mama might be just what I was looking for.

welcomed my boy/girl twins on 04/22/10 after cooking them for 40 weeks
#8 of 9 Old 06-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Just another idea as far as inexpensive nursing tops: try eBay. Lots of mamas sell their gently used clothes there for a fraction of the cost of new (and you can sometimes score brand new things for cheap too.)

Lovin' up my Solstice son b. 12/07 and my HBAC Autumn daughters b. 10/10 and 9/12!

#9 of 9 Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 PM

I really like the old navy tops. . .too bad they don't have more styles. Of course my fav, fav nursing shirts are Boob design, but they are mucho $$$ expensive. But if you ever want to treat yourself. . .

Personally I hate the extra layers of wearing a cami or nursing tank under a shirt--at least in the summer. But I know some mamas wear their pg bella band as a tummy cover for nursing.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page