Need recs for an inexpensive but good nursing bra - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With or without underwire is fine. I love my bravado seamless body silk bras, but I have lost weight and they are now way too big. I imagine we have a year of nursing left, so I need something to get me through that but I don't want to spend a ton of money. Any recommendations? I think I'm either a 32DD or a 34DD.
#2 of 6 Old 06-18-2010, 11:27 PM

I like my new LLL bra. $28
#3 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 01:27 PM

I've been regularly checking the trading post here and the boards on diaper swappers for used bras. This way I'm able to get name brand big $ bras that are gently used for just a few dollars. Like you, my size isn't that common, so it takes some patience, but I've found some great deals. Good luck!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#4 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
I've been regularly checking the trading post here and the boards on diaper swappers for used bras. This way I'm able to get name brand big $ bras that are gently used for just a few dollars. Like you, my size isn't that common, so it takes some patience, but I've found some great deals. Good luck!
I have definitely been watching for them here and there as well! It is hard to find my size, especially now that I realize I think I'm a 32DD. 34DD is hard enough!
#5 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 11:25 PM

Not sure about the sizes, but I have all Gilligan & O'Malley from Target, and they work fine. Mine are non-underwire.

I have one of these, for a daytime bra

and three of these for sleep.

ETA often sizes in the store are different from what they have online, so it's worth a look.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#6 of 6 Old 06-21-2010, 02:54 AM

I got so irritated trying to find a nursing bra that I liked that I converted my old non-nursing bras to nursing bras. I figure that by the time I am done with nursing (years from now, hopefully), I will need/want to buy new bras anyway. http://eternalvoyageur.xanga.com/710...a-nursing-bra/

I think it cost me $10 in all... a generous estimate. I just bought the hooks and some ribbon. I had the needles and thread. Once you do one, it takes about 10 minutes per bra to do it, start to finish.

Mama to 1 home-birthed boy (2/2010) and another baby on the way (spring 2012).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page