Is my baby getting enough milk? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-23-2010, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My baby is 9 weeks old. She has grown 2 inches since birth. Not sure what her weight is right now but a couple of weeks ago she weighed a little over 10lbs. She was 7.15 at birth. For a few weeks my breasts felt full a lot of the time and I would leak a lot during the day especially in the morning. Now in the morning they will feel pretty full and they will leak a little but not like they use to. As the day progresses they feel pretty soft and by the end of the day they are very soft. My baby is sleeping through the night, about 7-8 hours. But during the afternoon and evening she seems to nurse a lot and sometimes she will latch on and pull off and latch on and pull off a ton and act frustrated like she is not getting enough milk. I wonder if I am not producing enough now. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is totally normal to not feel as heavy or engorged as your body regulates its milk production to your baby's needs. And the latching on and pulling off is pretty normal around that age too (though I don't recall the reason).

If you are seeing at least 5 very wet diapers every 24 hours, and normal stooling patterns for your baby, and you are feeding on demand, then she is more than likely getting enough.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)

User Tag List