nursing + teeth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-03-2010, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS just got his first tooth at 10 months and nursing has become excruciating.

He doesnt bite. Is there some trick that I'm not getting?

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#2 of 5 Old 08-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have to be vigilant as to how she's latched or i get raw. she got 4 teeth in 3 weeks! i have gone back to making sure she's in assymetrical latch (as per dr. jack newman in re to latching a newborn).

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#3 of 5 Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 AM

yup, we just got a bunch of teeth here too, ouch. seems like sometimes it hurts, other times it doesn't. Yesterday I noticed that if I supported my breast it felt better (and I don't remember it being an issue with my first one). I would say that if it doesn't feel right, try relatching to see if that helps, adjust baby or the breast, or your body and try to figure out what is most comfortable. Maybe even a different position?? Its just about finding a way where it doen't rub the wrong way.

Married the love of my life : on 3/18/06, SAHM to Livi 3/11/07 : and Eva 10/10/09 :
#4 of 5 Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 AM

I've noticed with the two top teeth coming in for dd, she's latching in a shallow way.. my problem is that i think she's not emptying the breast or pressing some ducts. It happened with the bottom teeth, too, and I had some plugged duct issues that i could hand express my way out of. Feeding her sitting up rather than sideways lying down seemed to help a little.. just check the latch and relatch if it's not a good one.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#5 of 5 Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Same thing here.
DS cut one bottom tooth weeks ago and the second has come in now as well. However, we're now getting 4 top teeth at once. I think there's something about the latch that either feels good or doesn't causing him to latch differently.
If those bottom teeth weren't so darn sharp! They're like puppy teeth. I guess there's a reason they call them milk teeth, huh?
I haven't come up with any tricks either. Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesn't.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page