Heavy duty nursing bra reccomendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am needing recommendations for some heavy duty nursing bras.

I just invested in two new ones less than six months ago, and now the have stretched out and aren't doing their job - I have sag issues. It is driving me nuts because things don't fit right.

I need something sturdy - I'm a 38 DDD.

And I can't afford to replace my bras every six months - I'll probably be in nursing bras for another two years.

I've looked in the local shops, and found limited options, so I am going to look online. But I would love suggestions for something with staying power.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 11:30 PM

Anita Underwire Nursing Bras have been great for me.

Lisa ~ wife to Daniel ~ mama to Claire, born July 2009 (IVF baby!)
Old 08-08-2010, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm even bigger than you and I was very happy with jeunique bras- those bras lasted about 2 years of heavy use, and I finally stopped using them because I lost weight and they stopped fitting, not because they were worn out. In contrast, most "regular" bras wear out in 6-8 months, and nursing bras wore out in 3-4 months. I plan to buy that brand again when I'm finished losing weight (I don't want to invest good money in bras this size when I hope to be smaller in a month!!!)

This bra is available from a bunch of different websites, but I linked it from the place I bought mine. I was extremely happy with the customer service there.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 08-09-2010, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
I'm even bigger than you and I was very happy with jeunique bras- those bras lasted about 2 years of heavy use, and I finally stopped using them because I lost weight and they stopped fitting, not because they were worn out. In contrast, most "regular" bras wear out in 6-8 months, and nursing bras wore out in 3-4 months. I plan to buy that brand again when I'm finished losing weight (I don't want to invest good money in bras this size when I hope to be smaller in a month!!!)

This bra is available from a bunch of different websites, but I linked it from the place I bought mine. I was extremely happy with the customer service there.
That looks good, I will maybe order one of these. I think I am going to have to be more careful with my washing too.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.

User Tag List