why is it so hard? venting... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2010, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is 4.5 months old. He was tongue-tied and it wasn;t diagnosed and fixed until 2 months. He weighed 9 lbs when born and is barely 12 lbs now.

My supply is low and I have invested hundreds in herbs, donperidone, hospital grade pump (renting), books, lactation consultants...

Lately he just won't settle and nurse. He nuzzles like he's hungry, opens his mouth real big nurses real good for a couple minutes and then he pops on and off the nipple. Pinches my breast, kicks the other one, squirms and squirms. I'm worried about my supply as it is... he is hard to put down to sleep. began trying to nurse him down and rock him at 8:30 and finally he is asleep at 11pm. daddy had to take him. now daddy is only here 2 nights a week otherwise its just me and I work too. he took a bottle but wouldnt nurse. is it flow preference? never had that problem before.

I'm so sore from the pinching and grabbing. I want to stop but know I could never live with myself. I've come too far.

Low supply mommy to Lucas 3/17/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hugs Momma!

If he is taking the bottle with no problem, it could be nipple preference/flow preference for sure. Also, he could be going through a growth spurt. I would put him to the breast as often as possible. I got my fussy baby to go to the breast more easily by picking him up out of a hard sleep. He was too tired to refuse! Also, babies are sometimes just fussy and it has nothing to do with your supply or breastfeeding at all.

To ease your worries, could you go to an LC and have his latch checked and have them look at him nurse to see if they see any problems?

Hugs, momma!!

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

User Tag List