NIP success! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did it!!! over and over again on vacation this last week. Subways, airplanes, restaurants, around strangers, in close quarters...no cover, no going to a back corner, no nothing; just me and babe and boob (and lots of practice at home). And no one noticed.
What's your, "I once was awkward, but am now awesome" story?
#2 of 7 Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 AM

That's great!! I was very proud of myself the first time we NIP, too. Now we've done it in church, in the library, walking the aisles at the store, no big deal!

Yea, I'm sharing your happiness
#3 of 7 Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 PM

At our towns homecoming festival; a carnival held on the "city green" I sat on the lawn of city hall and nursed happily. Several law enforcement, firefighters, teenagers, and public officials walked by..nobody said a word and I dont even think they noticed but it was a personal achievement for me

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#4 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 AM

Did you have special clothes? I want to do this too! My dd is about to turn 1 y/o and she is bad to *POP* on and off....

Wife to DH who worshipsbow.gif me (code for tolerates me) (2001), mom of one DDsleepytime.gif (April 2002) and one DDfly-by-nursing1.gif who arrived forcefully (Sept 2009) Caretaker of Boogie the cat and fish/reef hobbyist. Just tryin' to maintain...banghead.gifteapot2.GIF In major need of...grouphug.gif

#5 of 7 Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM

at the barn in the aisle while my horse was getting her monthly accupuncture...that took skill...lol
#6 of 7 Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 PM

At an Embassy in line for a visa! Nobody batted an eye.
#7 of 7 Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM

most recently, Ruby Tuesdays in a booth. No cover and the waitress and other patrons didn't seem to notice. I don't wear "special" clothes, just a shirt and a cami. Shirt up, cami down,and usually DS kind of pulls my shirt over his face. Unless you are looking down, vs. straight ahead, you wouldn't notice when he pops on and off.

Now, I will admit, I did go to a quieter place to nurse when we were in Wild Wings. It was way noisy and boisterous and DS wouldn't have been able to focus. Still no cover. I used to use one, but I have given up on it. too much work.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page