Ugh, nursing pads!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2010, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby is due March 2011. Although I am super excited, I despise the thought of having to wear nursing pads again! My son is 6 years old and he nursed for 4 years and I had to wear nursing pads for well past 3 years, ALL the time! A few times I thought I would try to wear none, and ended up embarrassing myself with leaks on my shirt. It seems like I leaked milk all the time, and quite heavily. At almost all times I had to wear both a disposable AND a cloth nursing pad. The cloth ones were so big and bulky that unless I was wearing a huge sweater, it was pretty obvious that there was a huge piece of material under my bra. No cute shirts, no tank tops, none of those cute nursing tops because you could see the double nursing pads through the material. So I'm looking for advice from other mamas with plenty of milk to spare... if you are a heavy leaker, what do you use? I'm hoping that maybe in the past 4 years technology has brought us some new flattened and highly protective nursing pads so I can wear cute shirts before the year 2014! Please give me some hope!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 PM

These were suggested to me by a bf momma. I have no personal experience (yet), but they seem promising and I tried them on they seem comfy and sneaky. Good luck!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, those look interesting! I wonder if suppressing leakage could cause mastitis though? Hmmm...
Old 08-23-2010, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the lily padz and I have worn them quite a bit. No problem's with mastitis. They work really well. The only issue I had and this happened only once was, one corner came loose and I guess the pressure had built up and the milk squirted out and hit me in the eye. Nothing like having your own breast milk hit you in the eye.

Lisa

User Tag List