Milk Stains - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My shirts all have milk stains from where my one boob leaks while I am feeding on the other.

How can i get it out?

Mama to & +:::
#2 of 5 Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 AM

I grabbed milk-specific stain removers at the store. But to be honest, after a few washes, they tend to work themselves out even if I didn't treat them.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 5 Old 09-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Milk generally doesn't stain. I have noticed that lansinoh on the other hand leaves greasy permanent stains. Could this be your situation? Otherwise, a few washes and those "stains" will be completely gone.
#4 of 5 Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 AM

Yeah, breastmilk doesn't really stain, I've never done anything special, just throw it in the wash with regular detergent with the rest of my clothes and they come out just fine. If you are having trouble, maybe try a pre-rinse and then wash them as normal. I find that doing a quick pre-rinse will usually dislodge enough stuff that the wash can do its job better on other types of stains.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#5 of 5 Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 AM

hm.. i have also gotten spots on my clothes that don't wash out the first go-round. it may be a detergent thing.. we used to use the same stuff as for the cloth diaps (which.. if it gets out poo, why doesn't it get out milk? weird).. planet maybe but other stuff when it was on sale..
the super natural kinds may not act on those milk proteins so well. i started using an oxygen bleach product in addition to the soap (i know.. not natural) and it seems to help.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page