Personal Fit connectors for PIS - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Target sells these Personal Fit connectors for the PIS, which appear to go with the horns of different sizes. I have horns that are just fine. My old connectors have mold, so I went to buy new ones. The ones Target sells don't have the "yellow" portion that the little disc/valve goes in - and they don't work without that. Can you remove that yellow portion from the old connectors? I just don't see how. Can you buy that portion? The packaging ONLY talks about the horns and the connectors, not the little yellow piece. I feel like I'm missing something here. I have an original PIS. Did something change on the newer pumps to make the new pieces work without the yellow part and the discs? I just don't see how.

Help.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#2 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving out to the general forum.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 6 Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 AM

I'd check out this page to purchase what you need. I've purchased several replacement parts for my newer PISA from them. I was paranoid so I now have a complete backup system at work (hoses, horns, membranes, etc.).

WOHM: Married 2002. partners.gif Dog parents 2005. dog2.gif DS arrived 3/3/10. Newbie expected late June 2013. slingboy.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gif

#4 of 6 Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. That's so helpul. The Medela site was less helpful. I'm going to call around today and see if I can get the yellow parts (valves) locally. I didn't even know they separated from the "connectors." Might have helped with the cleaning.

#5 of 6 Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 PM

I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking. Are the yellow things that you're talking about the part that goes "in" the container you're pumping into, and the disc the soft plastic bit that goes on top of it that the milk drips out of?

Or do older gen PIS have a yellow part that I don't have?

New mom to Benjamin! 4.8.10.
#6 of 6 Old 09-26-2010, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Apparently what I'm looking for is Medela item #8100475 - yellow valve with offset mount.

http://www.mybreastpump.com/medelare...partspage.html

Who knew the "connectors" and "valves" were separate pieces? And none of the packaging for the connectors indicates that you also need valves. It just talks about the different sized breastshield/horns.

I was able to remove the yellow valves from my connectors, but they still looked moldy after cleaning so I threw them away. I also found my old 1-piece breast sheilds from my Original PIS and have been using that. I will order new valves to go with the connectors from target and that should cover me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page