2 mo old hasn't pooped since the 8th, UPDATE - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She's breastfed with 4 feedings of me supplementing. I have tried checking her temp to get her to go but apparently she likes having foreign objects in there and didn't even try to push it out confused.gif. So what else can i do for her to make her go poo. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. So i have no idea

Amanda, Married to Joe for 10 years, SAHM mom to 4 kids Jacob , April , Ashton and Jada.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 06:55 PM

Hugs, Mama, hopefully this is in the range of normal. 

What are you supplementing with? 

If she is exclusively breastmilk fed, and a full 2 months old, and making 6 heavy wet diapers a day, then it could be completely normal for her.  EBF babies over 6-8 weeks old can go up to 10-14 days with no poop, then have a huge, soft, liquidy normal EBF poop.  They are just really good at digesting breastmilk!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

She getting supplemented with Enfamil Gentlease I make a 4oz but she only ends up drinking 3 of those 4oz.

She's got a ton of wet diapers. Still nursing her every 2 hours. She was slow to gain weight but she's getting there now.

Amanda, Married to Joe for 10 years, SAHM mom to 4 kids Jacob , April , Ashton and Jada.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 AM

Since she is supplemented, I would be concerned about this. If your supply is back up, why are you still supplementing? Perhaps more nursing/less supplementing would get things moving again?

Have you tried a belly massage? Sometimes, gently applying pressure can get the bowels moving. For us, what I would do is gently glide my hands down/across her belly for about 5-10 minutes. I would "run" her legs and then apply gentle, smoothing strokes across her belly, starting at one side, working from right to left/top to bottom. Then again, left to right/top to bottom. Then run her legs/fold her legs toward her belly. Repeat until she either gets annoyed, or you get bored (around 5-10 minutes).

If she doesn't poop soon, I would probably take her in to see your doc. But, if she is still in good spirits, you are probably safe to wait a bit longer. Good luck.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

She finally pooped...It was not hard..but pasty and soft some of it was runny and she EXPLODED out of her diaper...That's what last Mondays was as well (a big explosion)..I even called the dr and he said he wasn't concerned...It was a mix of Green and Yellow.

User Tag List