For the not-so-perky mamas: Anyone use tape to lift them? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2010, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know it's silly, but I was just wondering if anyone has done this before or found some other way to lift them. My girls are not perky at all. My nipples point pretty much straight down. It took a good while before I could nurse DS while laying down and I couldn't nurse while walking around until he was old enough to pretty much hold the boob himself. I wanted a breast lift just so I could nurse him more easily! lol.gif

So, I was wondering, if I were to use tape to aid us when I wanted to walk around and nurse before this baby is hold enough to hold the boob, what kind of tape should I use? Or is there something else I can do instead, short of a breast lift? orngtongue.gif

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My first, second, third, and fourth thought is that the tape would bother me so much, so sticky, and sweaty, and yucky! lol.gif

but then, if I thought tape was a good choice, I would probably use duct tape. all the other tapes i can think of would lose their "stick" too fast. I'm pretty large up top, and I never used tape, it never occurred to me. Going back, I probably still wouldn't use tape, it's too weird to me! 

BUT, FWIW, I held my breast up most of the time when nursing(and i still do to get a good latch sometimes(well, most times). We used the football hold almost exclusively for the first 5-6 months. When DS was little , I would just walk around (the house) nursing him in the football hold. Now that I have more experience with babywearing, and if I find that the football hold works best with future babes, I'll probably do something with a ring sling or rebozo that allows the babe to stay in that position. 

oh, and i just read part of your post again, what about putting something under your breast, would that work? i'm thinking a small plastic cup or bottle, or a not-quite empty toilet paper roll?

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

Old 12-26-2010, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've tried putting something under it before when DS was older and able to the boob himself (so it was only useful in the wrap when he was drifting off) and it helped some but I think a lot of that was still his ability to at least hold the boob better in his mouth. I have more tissue above than below (if I were to stand on my head, my nipples would look a little more normally placed if that makes sense lol) so lifting only helps so much. I'll definitely try the football hold! I never used it to nurse DS because we just didn't like it but I think it would be especially helpful in the sling. I suppose I can try some other tricks and just use tape as a last resort if I'm in a position that won't allow other tricks or if I'm being super lazy. orngtongue.gif Thanks! :)

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Tags
Breastfeeding , Nursing Covers , Nursing Pillows Stools
User Tag List