Having surgery in less than 24 hours, no freezer stash. Ideas for pumping enough? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started pumping as soon as I found out.  I'm having my gall bladder removed tomorrow, and a second procedure to remove a stone that's putting pressure on my pancreatic duct.  The doctor wanted to do it today, but since I'd already had something to eat today we are doing it tomorrow.

I know I can nurse again as soon as I'm awake, but I need to pump enough for my four month old for while I'm in surgery.  I on;y have four ounces so far, and I'm not responding to the pump well at all because of the amount of pain I'm in.  I was going to try and search for milk on milk share, but I don't have the $20 to join (like at ALL.)  So does anyone have any ideas for me?

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#2 of 5 Old 12-20-2010, 09:58 AM

See if there's an Eats on Feets chapter for your state on Facebook.  It's free and quick if you can find someone near you.

Wait, central MN?  How far are you from Albert Lea?

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#3 of 5 Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

We are two and a half hours from the twin cities.  I'll check out eats on feets.

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#4 of 5 Old 12-22-2010, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hope from the hospital, I managed to pump some more, he only had to have two ounces of formula, which I feel is a huge success considering the circumstances. 

#5 of 5 Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM

Whoo hoo!  I'm glad he only needed a little bit and that you are home!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.

Tags
Breastfeeding , Breast Pumps

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page