should i take domperidone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i have two month old twins. they are doing fairly well w/nursing.   we are eeking by with weight gain.   they do have enough pees/poos.  heres the catch - they nurse (hunger) every 1.5 hrs during the day.... about every 2.5 hrs at night.   i went to an lc who did measurements... they were slightly off what they need to get but she just to keep nursing them/pump after feeds and to take fenugreek/blessed thistle and mmt.   i added the herbs/tea... no improvement.   i cant pump after most feeds bc they feed so often.   im totally fine going on feeding them like this.... i want them to get breastmiulk....  b ut i have to return to work in 3 weeks   i cannot get any sort of mik for them stored up bc they feed so often.  im so scared that work is g oing to crash my supply.  i will be able to .  

thoughts??? 

#2 of 2 Old 12-20-2010, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's such a personal decision... and it doesn't work for everyone. If your prolactin levels are already high, it won't do you any good. It sounds like you are working hard to keep your supply up. I'm on dom now because I wasn't ready to give up... if you do decide you are going to try it, I'd move forward now. It takes a long time to get it seems no matter what avenue you choose, order or scrip.

Good luck, super mama. You are amazing to nurse twins.clap.gif

Tags
Health Healing , Breastfeeding

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page