How does the Lansinoh pump perform? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I used the Ameda Purely Yours with DS and I loved it. Easy to use and got plenty of milk. I was going to get another one for this kiddo but I thought I'd investigate the Lansinoh one first since it's so much cheaper. I'll be going back to work full-time after 8 weeks. Is the Lansinoh pump powerful enough? Is it comfortable? Or should I just go with the Ameda?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2010, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a Lansinoh double electric and really like it. I haven't tried any other electric pumps though. It is comfortable for me and I used to get a good amount when pumping for DS1.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 12-27-2010, 01:16 PM

The Lansinoh is the exact same pump as the Purely Yours (interchangable parts and everything), just a different color and LOTS cheaper.  Mine works great!

DD 2/28/10
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Several years ago, Ameda sold the license to it's Purely Yours design to Lansinoh for them to produce and sell. That's why they look so much the same and all the spare parts work on both.

However, that contract has ended and Lansinoh has come out with it's own new double electric pump. At first glance it looks pretty good in terms of the suction curve I look for, but it is noisy. I'd love to hear from anyone who is using this new one.

suep ibclc

Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 PM

Yea, it is pretty noisy.. not that I have anything to compare it to.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Tags
Breast Pump Accessories , Breast Pumps , Breastfeeding
User Tag List