nipples on fire!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello everyone~

just looking for suggestions on sore nipples from breastfeeding?  my little guy is 7 weeks old and it feels like my nipples are being pinched with hot pliers!  i enjoy nursing him so much but this is really getting to me.  any suggestions?  i got a prescription cream for them but it only helps a little.  i know they are sore from him latching inappropriately because the pain goes away once he is feeding for about 20 seconds.  any help would be greatly appreciated!redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 AM

Have you guys seen an IBCLC? They could do an evaluation for things like tongue tie or another physical thing that might make latching so painful. If you've already seen someone, see someone else! Sometimes things are missed and sometimes things can be difficult to diagnose or help out with when a baby is brand new or someone is not specifically checking for it. Good luck!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:49 PM

moving to the breastfeeding forum... hope you're pain free soon!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 12-27-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

What is an IBCLC?  ive asked a few people but they havent been very helpful.  he is such a lazy eater. he doesnt want to work hard for it.  he gets really upset when i try and fix his latch. 

Old 12-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Is there a La Leche League meeting near you?  If you can find a local group you can call one of the leaders - they are always there to help!  If you don't get a response right away, call the next number on the list - they get busy, have children that delete answering machine messages, etc.  Google for a local group - and then call them - NOW.  Breastfeeding is beautiful (as you know) - get the help you deserve.  :)

Old 12-27-2010, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

thank you, i will try that.  and yes, i agree it is very beautiful:)

Old 12-27-2010, 06:43 PM

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. I agree with the pp that La Leche League would be good to get ahold of and talk to as well. Hopefully you can get some hands on help very soon! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama82 View Post

What is an IBCLC?  ive asked a few people but they havent been very helpful.  he is such a lazy eater. he doesnt want to work hard for it.  he gets really upset when i try and fix his latch. 

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

Tags
Breastfeeding , Breast Pump Accessories , Breast Pumps
User Tag List