Questions about More Milk Special Blend - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2010, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 2-week-old and we've had some breastfeeding challenges. I think the solution to some of our issues is to increase my supply, so I have started taking More Milk Special Blend (the alcohol-based tincture). Is this something that I will need to take long-term once I've started? Like, if I take it for a few weeks and then stop, will my milk really dry up, or is it something that I can just use short-term as sort of a jump start? It's so expensive that I'm scared I won't be able to go off it!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 05:31 PM

From The Breasfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk, by Diana West, IBCLC, and Lisa Marasco, M.A. & IBCLC (2009), "In most cases of uncomplicated low milk supply, you can start weaning down as soon as you've reached full production and baby is able to sustain it. Reduce. . . gradually; otherwise, you'll probably experience a drop in milk production.  If your body seems to be struggling. . . (it) may be required for weeks or months or possibly even the entire time you're breastfeeding."  

They also have a website, lowmilksupply.org, with lots of info on increasing supply: http://www.lowmilksupply.org/increasingmilk.shtml

Hope that helps!

Cheri
fencing.gifDD and DS are 11 & toddler.gif DD is 4    hbac.gif  Our car is a bike!bikenew.gif

Sharing our homeschool.gifwith 3cat.gif, 2 dog2.gif & 4 chicken3.gif

Old 07-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Wow- this is a pretty old thread. I'm curious what your experience was. I plan to start taking domperidone and more milk special blend as soon as this baby is born, since my older two boys only got a teaspoon of breastmilk per 30+ minute feeding. Did the MMSB work for you? Did you have to take it long term?

Tags
Breastfeeding
User Tag List