do babies sometimes decrease nursing or wean totally on their own after age two? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-03-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was wondering if this happens. I feel like I may have read it. Anyone have that experience? I am mainly wondering because we are thinking of TTC but one of my MAJOR concerns is that I will loose milk or it will taste tooo bad for her and we will be sad and miserable-so I started fantasizing that she might not care so much about nursing after she turns two (she adores it now).

#2 of 2 Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my girl turned 2 partway into my 2nd pregnancy. she really only wanted to nurse right b4 bed, and sometimes in the morning... finally, when i was 5monthes pregnant, and she was 25monthes old, instead of cuddling up in bed to nurse, we started taking evening strolls, and there was no fuss, she just went to sleep. like she just forgot to get the nana. a few days went by, and i didnt get any engorgement at all, it was just done... and evening walks became routine. it was hot summer nights, so maybe that had something to do with it ~ taking walks in the pack (on my back) was just more comfortable than squishing up for nana. she even started to prefer sleeping in her own bed across the room from us (she crawls up mid morning for much welcomed cuddles) :) after baby#2 came, she seemed interested in nursing again, so i offerred, and she giggled, and said no thats baby's 1! its amazing how much she grew up right after she turned 2. i think if we had made it out to be a big 'weaning' thing, she might have reacted more, but we just went with the flow, and without realizing it, it was done. i think i may have been more sad about it than her... lol

Tags
Breastfeeding

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page