So..what is the oldest child you have breastfed? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What was the oldest child you have nursed?
8 Yrs and above 1 1.41%
6 to 7 yrs 4 5.63%
4 to 5 yrs 24 33.80%
3 to 4 yrs 19 26.76%
1 to 2 yrs 21 29.58%
less than 12 months 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

#31 of 32 Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 PM
myk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD1 was 4y2m when i weaned her fully. i was ready much sooner. she would have happily kept going. it was a compromise we were both comfortable with in the end. DD2 is one month old and isn't latching, so i'm sad to say i probably will not make it to 2+ years with her (which is what i'd like) unless we have a breakthrough. 3 years would be so good. 

January 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I weaned DS just past his 6th birthday. I never intended to nurse that long but it just happened that way. He would have gladly kept going, but at that point he was only nursing to sleep and I was done. My DD only nursed until she was 26 mos because my ex was the one who gave birth to her and was the nursing mom. She weaned DD abruptly when she had to have major surgery (and DD was a committed nurser and the ex couldn't really handle it and wanted to wean her). I offered to nurse DD, and tried to relactate, but it didn't work out. She's 5.5 now and I've thought of offering her to nurse, but I'm sure my ex would flip and I'm not sure she'd even remember how.

I'm 3 wks into nursing this babe. I hope our TT issues resolve soon so we can have a nice long nursing relationship like with DS.

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page