Nursing Camisoles - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-10-2011, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
HRJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can anyone recommend a camisole for nursing (so when you pull your shirt up, your whole stomach doesn't show)?  Also, is there a nursing bra built into it?  I was going to go to a breastfeeding center and be fitted for a bra soon, so I don't know how many I would buy if I got camisoles as well. 

#2 of 7 Old 02-10-2011, 02:08 PM

I love my Bravado nursing tank. http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-essential-nursing-tank

I am tall, and I love how long it is.

#3 of 7 Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 PM

I only have 2 bras- but a ton of tanks!  I love the bravado ones as well- they give a nice shape under clothes.  But I have some glamourmom ones as well that are great LONG tanks (the regular is really short).  Not quite as nice shape- but still awesome.  Sometimes I will wear a regular tank and just pull it down- but that isn't nearly as convienent for me. breakoutbras.com or diapers.com will sometimes have them on sale.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#4 of 7 Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM

Do you want a nursing tank for support (like a bra) or simply for more coverage?  That would affect what you look for.

I have one Glamourmom tank and honestly I find it has way too much fabric to "support" so it gets in the way of my nursling latching on.   But that may just be me; I don't wear a bra 90% of the time and only in the early days of breastfeeding to keep nursing pads in place.  Their sizing also seems bizarre to me - I have an extra-large and am in NO way an extra-large woman (normally wear small or medium). I started wearing Target's nursing tanks with this baby and like them better because when you unclip there's nothing around the breast to interfere w/ your nursling.  They also don't feel as hot (again, less fabric).  I have some really stretchy tanks w/ a built-in bra (not nursing) that work just as well and are MUCH cheaper.  I got them at Costco & they came in 2-packs for less than I paid for one of the Target tanks, which itself is less than 1/2 the cost of the glamourmoms.

With my twins, I "made" some undershirts by cutting vertical slits in old teeshirts or turtlenecks to wear underneath my regular clothes.  Those worked fine for covering my tummy.  If you're going to wear a bra anyhow, you could try that instead of a tank.

Cheri
fencing.gifDD and DS are 11 & toddler.gif DD is 4    hbac.gif  Our car is a bike!bikenew.gif

Sharing our homeschool.gifwith 3cat.gif, 2 dog2.gif & 4 chicken3.gif

#5 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
HRJ

I went to the nursing boutique at our hospital to be fitted by a IBCLC today, and I bought a Bravado regular bra but she discouraged me from buying any of the tanks/camisoles until the baby was out - said it was harder to gauge what my size would be in those once milk came in and they are tight around the tummy which wouldn't work well w/ my 38 week belly.  They carry Medela and Bravado only.  I liked the Bravado much better.  So if I like Bravado, will I like glamourmom?  I'm not a naked arm kinda person, so I wasn't going to just wear them as a shirt but more like a layered thing that would make nursing in public easier.

#6 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 AM

#7 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 12:10 PM

I love my Bravado tank.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page