Please help me. I really dislike breastfeeding. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have an iPad with Netflix streaming on it - I watch movies in 15-30 minute increments and browse the internet. Sometimes I watch TV, and sometimes we nurse laying down. And while my husband usually gets sleep at night, we have an agreement that at the times where I'm so tired I can't function and need him to be awake with me, a swift kick to the shin on my way out of bed is his signal to get up with me. :) I only really need his help rarely, but on those times where I almost can't get out of bed I'm so exhausted, he's more than happy to get up and handle the diapering while I get the extra two minutes in bed and then stay up to rub my back/talk to me/generally be my companion during the crappy night shift. It does get so much better... hang in there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have much to add except that I also had a horrible time for the first couple months, but I promise you it gets SO much better if you just stick with it! I read a ton of books those early months and now looking back I miss that time, despite the fact that nursing caused me excruciating pain every single time at first. (So that is proof that it will pass!) I echo what everyone else said about side-lying, entertaining yourself with tv/books/music/web and not stressing too much about your supply. Just make sure she has wet diapers and all is fine. Your supply will not stabilize for another month or 2 anyway! hug.gif
Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

The first weeks are the hardest. When they get a little older it requires less effort on your part. Just roll over, nurse, roll over.

Other ideas, low music, tv, etc.

And I'd check out ppd too. It sounds like there is more going on. At the very least, remember that your hormone levels are wild at this point and you might find that you are peaking during this time.

If you really are just bored, etc. at night giving bottle feedings in the middle of the night are no more interesting.

User Tag List