Did - your - mom breastfeed you? CIO? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My mother did not breastfeed any of her children, generally because he doctor told her she shouldn't if she was uncomfortable with "things hanging on her breasts."  uhoh3.gif  Goodness, what married woman in the 70's was going to say to her OB, "Oh, I love having my breasts fondled and having things hanging off of them!"  Nice.

My mother stayed with my for 3 months after DS#2 was born, and she was a godsend.  Very supportive of BF (as she had been with DS#1), co-sleeping, baby wearing (even put on the Moby), etc.  Despite her OB (grrrr!) she lucked into a good pediatrician who advised her AGAINST letting babies CIO or feeding on a schedule.  He told her babies had their own schedules, and she needed to answer to their needs.  She said that with her first 3, my parents co-slept for about 6 months because they enjoyed it, and then we were moved to a crib.  Her 4th, my younger sister, died of SIDS (during a nap) mecry.gif, and #5 (my younger brother) not only co-slept with my parents, but they would take shifts so that at least 1 of them was awake all night to watch him sleep.  I don't know how long they did that, at least a year if not more.

Mom, wife, full-time student.  And tired.  DH, DS#1 (9/99) and DS#2 (9/09), and 2 dogs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List