Kid's Books on Weaning - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD will be turning 4 years old in 2 months (O_O) and I've been tandem nursing with her and my now 9 month old DS.  She's down to bedtime nursing.  I never thought we'd make it this long and it's definitely had its ups and downs and I'm ready for us to move to the next stage in our relationship.  Her 4 year birthday will be a special day as it is also her first time doing a ballet recital (which she *loves*).  I was thinking about starting to read some books on weaning (we read at bedtime).  We've been talking about it a lot over the last 2 or 3 weeks but I don't know if she quite understands and I figure a book will help.  I've heard of the LLL book Maggie's Weaning but I wasn't sure if there's anything else out there?

#2 of 4 Old 04-13-2011, 06:25 PM

It's hard enough to find books about breastfeeding in general.  I imagine that books about weaning would be even harder to find.  But you may try looking for books about "changes" in general and use that as a way to talk about weaning.  Try looking for books about moving, sleeping in your own bed, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Librarian, Blogger, Book Reviewer, Mama
#3 of 4 Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM

This is the only one I'm aware of:http://www.amazon.com/Maggies-Weaning-Mary-Joan-Deutschbein/dp/0912500581

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#4 of 4 Old 04-15-2011, 10:48 AM

i saw something-- cannot remember where-- where a mama had used one of those online shut*ERfl* kind of programs/services/photo printing things that make a bound book or scrapbook out of your chosen photos and text,  and had gone through baby pictures, and wrote a text that was about the little one growing up.  If you have nursing photos, especially, but from what i remember the mama had written things like.. when you were 3 months old all you had was mama's milk (with photos) and then.. picture of baby eating food, with the text something like.. when you were 6 months old, you tried avocado, and you got it everywhere, you liked it but still liked mama's milk, etc. etc. 

it was super sweet and seemed like it would be helpful.  :) 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page