Nursing tank or normal tank? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For those of you that wear a tank/shirt combo to NIP, do you wear a normal tank or a special nursing tank? I'd prefer a normal tank, just stretched down, but am small chested so there is no "pull the boob out" cause that boob ain't going anywhere! 

Any good low-cut brands that you prefer?

Thanks!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#2 of 8 Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 AM

I don't mind using a regular tank during the day, but a nursing tank is necessary for me at night because I can't get a boob out of a regular tank while side-lie nursing. I love the Target nursing tanks.

I've got pretty small boobs too and I've found with regular tanks that its important to get the kind with stretchy straps. Old Navy is a good option because of this and they are cheap (no point in getting nice tanks when they are just going to get all milk stained anyways).
#3 of 8 Old 04-26-2011, 10:37 AM

There's no "pulling any boobs out" on my end either-- I wear regular stretchy tanks. I buy them at "Rainbow" or "Forever 21" type stores. Junior-ish type stores, but it's what works for me. I have a bunch, from Rainbow, that I wear every single day (as an undershirt). They've been through 2 pregnancies & 8 mos of nursing, and they are still as stretchy as when I bought them. Plus they come in tons of colors & are usually 2/$10...cheap!

#4 of 8 Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM

I have both and I'd say both work equally well.  I agree with PPs, if you get a regular tank make sure it's really stretchy and that the straps are stretchy too.  I have an old faithful tank from Banana Republic that I bought maybe 8 years ago.  No cotton in it at all, it's all stretch, and it works the best by far.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#5 of 8 Old 04-26-2011, 03:04 PM

Yes! Old Navy tanks are great. Just get something low cut that will easily pull down. The nursing tank I have I never wear bc it has a tight elastic that hurts and it takes too long to fumble with the clips with a hungry, hungry hippo baby eat.gif

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

#6 of 8 Old 04-26-2011, 05:41 PM

I love my nursing tank from Motherhood because it has a built-in bra, so I don't have to wear a bra and a tank; just the tank. Here s a link to the one I have-

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=935060362&MasterCategory_Id=MC29 

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#7 of 8 Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM

I wear regular tanks and agree with the Forever 21 reco. Make sure there is stretch and thin straps seem to work best. I am a b-c cup. 

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

#8 of 8 Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 AM

NAK- I live in nursing tanks- the kind with shelf bras. I stretched out all my normal tanks/camis nursing in them last time, so I'm sticking to nursing tanks this time. I'm large chested, tho, so ymmv. Bravado makes a fab one in some fun colors. i also have a few motherhood ones bc they're less spendy; they don't wear as well. 

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page