Pumped milk storage Q's - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 05-10-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. I ebf and DD is 9 months. Getting over an ear infection and cutting 1st tooth. She tends to nurse often at night but never for very long. I am currently sick and injured (broken finger) but last night she only got up to nurse once and my breasts were so engorged. And I had a fever. Fearing mastitis I got out the hand pump from week 2 that I barely used and pumped as much as I could. Here are my questions : how much can I pump without encouraging increased supply? Time or volume? I got like 3 oz and stopped and put it in the fridge. She didn't nurse much this morning so I pumped amother 2 ounces. Q 2: can I combine the two pumping sessions and freeze the milk? Or do they have to be separate? Can I freeze them in a regular ice cube tray or is that dirty? The pump came with a few freezer bags and I didn't want to waste the milk but its so rare that I pump it seems to make sense to hold onto it for a rainy day. Tia for the advice!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

DD: 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-11-2011, 03:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

no problem to freeze together. i also freeze in a clean ice cube tray and then put the cubes in a freezer bag.

hope your baby feels better soon!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page