Cloth breast pads - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-15-2011, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I bought some Aveda cotton breastpads to use, and they felt great... until I actually leaked and my nipples were stuck to the cotton.  It was kind of painful getting them off.  Do all cotton breast pads do this? I was really hoping to not use disposable ones this time around (baby #3), but not if my nipples are going to get stuck to them.

#2 of 10 Old 05-15-2011, 01:56 PM

I suggest hemp breastpads. They are way more comfortable, plus they last longer.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 10 Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 AM

I'm not sure if they all are but I use warm water and moisten them when I take them off and it helps

Mommabfinfant.gif of DS1 (9/07)jammin.gif and DS2 (4/11)babyboy.gif and blessed with my wonderful DH of 6yrssuperhero.gif     
#4 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 AM

For me the cotton pads always stick.  I neve have this issue with disposables. What I do is when I put it on after nursing, I kinda pat/blot the nipple with the pad several times and then place them in.  That seems to help.

enjoying motherhood way more than science:
married to DH love.gif (2003) mama to DDenergy.gif(Nov 2008) & DSbabyf.gif   (Mar 2011)

#5 of 10 Old 05-23-2011, 10:04 PM

I never had a problem with the cotton pads sticking.  I do, however, remember the disposable ones sticking!  And they were so expensive to keep buying =\

Have you tried maybe applying some Lansinoh to keep your nipples from sticking?  That's the only thing I can think of, as it would create a sort of non-stick barrier :P

#6 of 10 Old 05-28-2011, 03:08 PM

It's been so long since I've used mine I don't remember! If it did stick, it wasn't too bad or I'd remember that lol 9 years ago with my last baby I used the brand "sweet cheeks" washable pads. I don't know if they are still made, or where. They were sent to me by someone in Canada(I'm in the US). I loved using them over disposables, though.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#7 of 10 Old 05-30-2011, 10:35 PM

I used the velour ones from Swaddlebees, and they were wonderful, no sticking ever.  I would highly recommend them.

#8 of 10 Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM

I'm kinda late to the convo but this could be helpful to people who do a search...Lunapads has been selling bamboo cloth nursing pads from Bamboobino and the feedback on them has been great. Lightweight, breathable, super soft. Could be a good, less sticky  alternative to 100% cotton and definitely a great alternative to disposables!

#9 of 10 Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 PM

I used cotton velour nursing pads - I don't recall them sticking often.  The type of fabric does make a difference so look around at others.

I doubt wool pads would stick (never tried them myself) so maybe check those out too.

#10 of 10 Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 AM

I have these and they are good: http://www.nickisdiapers.com/imagine-stay-dry-nursing-pads-3pairs.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page