Periods and Breastfeeding Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Mamas,

Quick question:

I'm on my second post-partum period. My son just turned 2 last week and I'm still nursing. My periods before I was pregnant were so easy - very light, lasting only 2 days with minimal cramping.

Well, now these two periods have been very heavy, lasting seven days, and the past two nights I've had nausea that has started in the evening and lasted for several hours.

The nausea has me a little concerned, but maybe it's normal with fluctuating hormones? Has anyone else experienced this nausea thing with the return of post-partum periods while still nursing?

Thanks for any insight you have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM

I did along with other symptoms hot flashes painful bowels and so on. I found maca root vitex and systemic enzymes brought me some relief (mainly b/c they help balance hormones) I think it just takes our bodies a while to adjust to the return of fertility/ menses. I also suspected endometriosis in myself but cannot be sure as I was never dx'd and don't have the typical infertility that comes with endo. Maybe some hormone balancing herbs could help you...others besides the ones I listed are red raspberry leaf evening primrose oil shatavari (phytoestrogenic which is controversial) I'm sure there are lots more too.

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

thank you so much, tashantx!  this info is fantastic and it helps just knowing that i'm not alone in this crazy season of re-fertility!

i really appreciate the time you took to offer some insight.

cheers...

User Tag List