Questions about nursing and absorption of probiotics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-19-2011, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Xposted in H&H

Hi, I know that most of my post doesn't belong here, but since part of this has to do with bf I thought I'd get you guy's input as well. 

My nine month old has thrush. My main question here is, I have some probiotics (both powder and pill kind), and the powder kind is the kind I can give to my kids. Ds1 was ff so I just mixed it with his bottle when he needed and that was fine, but with ds2 can I put a dab on my nipple and have him nurse like usual or should I be taking some and if so would enough pass through so he can get the benefits? 

That reminds me also of another issue that I'm having. Since he broke out, he still loves nursing but he doesn't nurse for long periods as he used to. And he isn't eating solids as he used to either, and he'll eat anything. So as a result he's lost some weight. Is this a normal thing because I've only started him on solids since last month, and he's curious so he wont nurse as much? Or is it because of the thrush? I've worked really hard to get where I'm at and I sure would like to continue. I also hope I'm not losing my milk. Sorry for the ramble, I'm a little stressed about all this. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone?? I just want to start him on probiotics as part of his treatment but I'm not sure which one is more effective...TIA

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page