Sizing from Breakout bras? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-23-2011, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anyone had luck with using the sizing from Breakout bras? They claim that most women are wearing the wrong size bra and that adding to the band size is the incorrect way to measure. By their measurements, I am a 36F. I very rarely see regular bras larger than DD in stores, nevermind nursing bras! I went to Target and tried on some bras and ended up buying a 38DD. I brought it home and decided to try it on one more time before washing and found that the cups fit me weird. (I think I actually tried that bra in that size in navy blue then decided I'd rather have a white bra.) 

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#2 of 4 Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since breastfeeding Breakout Bras has been my go-to store.  I'm a 36DD pre-nursing, and a 36-38 H while nursing (36 with my first, 38 now).  I actually went to get measured at three places while looking for a nursing bra with my first baby.  The first two were wrong (my pre-preg size, and 40C.  Wah?), and the third was 38F.  I bought a bunch in that size, but they did not fit well once I wasn't standing perfectly still in a change room.  Follow the BB instructions, and call if you need to.  They're super helpful.  I think when the girls are a lot bigger, fit is so much more important.  It sounds ridiculous to say, but having a nursing bra that fit properly did wonders to my self-esteem because I looked so much better. 

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

#3 of 4 Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BB's sizing is great! I'm a 34G according to them, and I've found it to be spot on. Other calculators put me in a 38DD-E which is way too big in the band and way too small in the cups. My rib cage actually measures 33 1/2, so why in the world would I want to wear a bra that is 38" around? Even on the tightest setting a 38 band is too loose. I totally don't understand the idea of adding to the rib cage measurement when you want that to be snug in order to offer good support.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#4 of 4 Old 08-24-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfishgirl View Post

It sounds ridiculous to say, but having a nursing bra that fit properly did wonders to my self-esteem because I looked so much better. 

That isn't ridiculous. I'm in exactly the same place. My boobs were perky before kids but now I need bras with good support. I'm a tad freaked about spending $40-50 on a bra in a size I've never tried on in hopes that it will fit okay. Last time I ordered an expensive nursing bra online, it fit okay so I washed it and wore it for a couple hours to find that the band rubbed me wrong. I couldn't send it back to the online shop (not Breakout Bras) I bought it from since I had washed it. I eventually sold it for considerably less than I bought it for.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page