Nursing Tank for petite/slender mama? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-12-2011, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a brand of nursing tank that will fit me well.  I have several from Target which I wear frequently, but they're very billowy around my belly and if I try to layer them under another shirt I end up with bunching and wrinkling.  They're great while I'm pregnant or immediately postpartum though!  I've actually found that the ones I got when DS1 was a baby (he'll be 4 soon) fit a little better than the newer ones; ones I've gotten over the past year or two are even more billowy and the shelf-bra part seems bigger around, and rides up in back.  I am 4'10" and slender and wear a 30DDish bra size.  I did try a Glamourmom tank a few years ago and while it fit much better, I found the nursing openings were annoyingly small and the clasps were fussy if I remember correctly.  I'm tempted by the Bravado tank because of the molded cups, but the smallest size they seem to make is a 32DD/E (which might fit OK) and I'm still worried the belly will be too billowy.

So.... any other brand that fits like Glamourmom but has bigger nursing opening?  Bonus points if it's molded like the Bravado.  Thanks in advance for any replies!

Faith, wife to Ben 9/24/05     Tandem nursing and cosleeping graduate (for now!), babywearing SAHM to Solomon 9/18/07 and Abram 12/10/09, expecting our 3rd boy in December/January!
Master Babywearing Educator and President of Babywearing International of Central New York
#2 of 4 Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 PM

I'm in the same boat (skinny, big boobs). I have the Glamourmom full bust tank (wearing one now!) Not sure if you had that or the regular? If it otherwise fits your specifications I'd think you could enlarge the opening a little if you have some basic sewing skills. The clasps seem pretty similar to other nursing bras to me. There is just not a lot out there that fits people with our type of figure, particularly not in the way of tanks. Sorry I can't be more help.

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#3 of 4 Old 09-17-2011, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Glamourmom makes tanks with two kinds of clasps, ones just like nursing bras, and ones that are meant to be more discreet but are more difficult to clasp.  I was also going to recommend the full bust Glamourmom, and also the Bravado Basics tank (carried at my Target).  The Bravado Basic tank is my favorite for layering - it's very thin and I think is actually meant as shape wear, but on me it's just a regular fitted tank.  The whole cup drops away, which I prefer to the full-sling style like Glamourmom and some of the other Target tanks (I must have weird boobs, my nipples never end up in the middle of the circle and I have to tug it over to be able to nurse).

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#4 of 4 Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't pop in sooner to thank you both for your replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiest View Post

Glamourmom makes tanks with two kinds of clasps, ones just like nursing bras, and ones that are meant to be more discreet but are more difficult to clasp.  I was also going to recommend the full bust Glamourmom, and also the Bravado Basics tank (carried at my Target).  The Bravado Basic tank is my favorite for layering - it's very thin and I think is actually meant as shape wear, but on me it's just a regular fitted tank.  The whole cup drops away, which I prefer to the full-sling style like Glamourmom and some of the other Target tanks (I must have weird boobs, my nipples never end up in the middle of the circle and I have to tug it over to be able to nurse).

I just got one of the Bravado Basics from Target and I really love it; it's exactly what I was looking for.  I also got a Carriwell nursing cami, which is similar but looks best with shirts that competely cover it because of the ruching between the breasts; the Bravado one looks fine under a V-neck if it shows a bit. 

And I must have weird boobs too because my nipples never end up in the middle of the circles of the other ones either LOL :-)

Faith, wife to Ben 9/24/05     Tandem nursing and cosleeping graduate (for now!), babywearing SAHM to Solomon 9/18/07 and Abram 12/10/09, expecting our 3rd boy in December/January!
Master Babywearing Educator and President of Babywearing International of Central New York

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page