Pulling on nipple while bf? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone ! So DS is 4 weeks old today, and my nipples (which were badly damaged after our first night of bf) are finally starting to heal. I've got great supply, he's bf on cue, and gaining weight like a champ...as of yesterday he's gained 2.4 lbs since birth. The problem now is that he arches his back and ” milks” the nipple through every feed which is undermining my efforts to get these nipples in working condition before the next growth spurt. It's almost as if he's uncomfortable with having so much breast tissue in his mouth. sometimes I notice he's poopibg, but not usually. I saw an LC yesterday who recommends I just keep pushing his face into my breast which I did last night, but he gets so upset and won't continue to eat.

Anyone dealt with this?
I'm so frustrated!!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 AM

Just an idea... Could he be congested? I know sometimes it's harder for them to nurse when they can't breathe well out of their nose.

I had issues with DS "milking" me but they were around 7 mos and I just held his hand or put it on a necklace or something.

I hope you are healing!

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

#3 of 4 Old 10-09-2011, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

I hadn't thought of that! I am bf right now and when I read that I was suddenly aware of how loud his breathing is...new mommy oops! I'm going to suction him more frequently and see of that helps. I like the idea of the necklace too, I notice him looking arrived and wanting to check out his surroundings during feeds now...thanks for the advice!!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#4 of 4 Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Thhe Nose Frida is great for suctioning and a steamy bathroom also helps too. And be careful with which necklace you wear because they are stronger than they look! Enjoy your little guy...

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page