Slow weight gain and need major support - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Putting the avacado through some kind of blender/food processor really help, as well as adding some fruit to it if he isnt crazy about the bland taste..goat yogurt and banana also have good fats too. We use them to supplement my low supply and it works well! Much preferred to formula!!
#32 of 33 Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 PM

Oh, i also forgot, make sure the avacado is ripe/soft enough too..if it isnt, put it in a paper bag with an apple or banana and it ripens crazy fast!
#33 of 33 Old 11-05-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Update...weighed in yesterday with an LC...16lbs and did a quick short feed and gained 2 oz.  So at minimum, he is getting at least 2 oz.  and that was a quick feed.

Went to pedi today and her scale read 15 lbs and 13 oz.   he was naked for this weigh in however and not with the LC's scale...shrug.gif  I'm going with 16lbs biggrinbounce.gif

Pedi was happy.  Thats umm...almost a POUND in 2 weeks orngbiggrin.gif  I guess something is working and of course adding the solids and doing 2 meals a day helped.  Also, could have been a growth spurt?  Who knows...maybe he was storing things and then just shot up a bit?  Not sure...

If I can keep this up for the next 5 months...I'll be happy.  Not that I'm stopping BF at 12 months but at least at that point, the threat or fear of being told I have to supplement will disappear and pedi will ask him to drink milk of some sort and eat some eggs etc.  I love BF past a year and however long after that - if my first DS was having a picky eating day, at least I knew he was getting BM to cover our butts.

I also gave her my WHO chart and asked her to make a copy for her to keep -  which the LC plotted for me - 15th percentile.  Much better than 10th...so I'll take it!

I'm not crazy about the Reglan.  I initially thought, what if I just took it for a week or so just to up the supply then stop but I'm reluctant to even do that.  I really really want the domperidone but either med, DH isn't crazy about me taking meds for that (even though I informed him it was safer than Tylenol).  He just thinks (especially after weigh in today) that everything is fine and keep doing what I'm doing...

Thanks for everyone's listening and suggestions/support.  It really means a lot when going through a rough time of stress.  

LC is sending the gastro doc a report on the baby just to sort of give her the information.  Hopefully that will inform her not to make moms panic if there isn't a huge issue.

Mama to two wonderful boys DS1 (May 2007) and DS2 (March 2011)      

bfinfant.gif    femalesling.GIF  familybed2.giflactivist.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page