Question about leaking from BTDT mommies... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seriously...ten weeks and I'm still leaking profusely. When exactly does this end??? I'm sick of bring stinky and sticky!!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#2 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM

Well, I was told that it would take six weeks or so for the leaking to stop... but here I am at 18 months and still wear pads when I leave the house just in case! The worst of it was over for me at about 9-10 months tho. (Sorry not what you wanted to hear.)

#3 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Oy...you're going to make me cry! I am so sick of generalizations about pregnancy, birth, and BF; they are all crap!!irked.gif

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

#4 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 PM

I'm sorry. Maybe I can cheer you up with a funny story.

Before my older dd (who is 20) left for Africa this summer my mother and I took her out to dinner to say good-bye. Midway through appetizers we were talking about younger dd and I let down. Well no big deal, right? I had pads on and a new nursing bra. Well, my pads had shifted and I had two long streaks of milk going down the front of my dark shirt. And mom and dd didn't tell me. I did end up sort of leaning forward and trying to get my napkin to stay up near my boobs without actually tucking it in my collar.

Live and learn, don't wear a new bra out to dinner!

#5 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

yup, that helped! Wow that must have been quite an evening! Good tip about the bra though...

I guess it will just be me and my nursing pads forever together. Makes me wonder though, lactating women in topless societies, do you think they deal with this???

#6 of 13 Old 11-21-2011, 04:25 PM

I'm almost 10 months pp and still have to wear pads. with DS I stopped having to wear pads around 5 months pp. Each time is different I guess?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#7 of 13 Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 PM

With DD I leaked until about 4 months. It seems like the moment she started really getting the hang of nursing well I stopped leaking. It could have just been a coincidence though.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#8 of 13 Old 11-21-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

So...not any time soon? biglaugh.gif

I'm screwed

#9 of 13 Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM

I never had much leaking aside from when I slept and my milk supply was still not stabilized. I'd wake up in huge puddles of milk and have to change the sheets every day. I had really good luck with Lily Padz, though. I didn't have any night leaking after getting them.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#10 of 13 Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 AM

At about a year I stopped leaking...I know some folk stop leaking WAY before that tho'.  Good luck!  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#11 of 13 Old 11-26-2011, 03:22 PM

With my first I leaked profusely especially at night while sleeping, and stopped leaking around 3-4 months-ish. With my second I never leaked, not even a little! (She is now almost 4 months and zero leakage!) So keep in mind it may be different if you have more babies in the future.
#12 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Ok...here's hoping #2 is less leakage! Of course, thats porbably at least a few years away, so in the meantime, lots of laundry!! nut.gif

#13 of 13 Old 11-28-2011, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
At 15 months I still leak a little with most let down. I use the lansinoh disposable pad (the only disposable I use) every day. At night I use 1 in my nursing tank & just switch which side it's on each time he nurses. I also usually push on my breast with my palm for about 10 - 20 seconds whenever I feel a let down if not nursing or pumping to stop it. Really, you do get used to it just like everything else. =P

sent from my phone using tapatalk, please forgive typos

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page