12 Week old Breastfed on Demand - Anyone get pregnant before they were ready - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm worried that I'm going to ovulate and get pregnant again.  If my dh and I share the same soap I get pregnant, its ridiculous.  Anyway, has anyone been known to get pregnant when bf on demand, no pacifier either before 5 months??  I am just wondering the likelihood of it, cuz I want to reap the benefits of not using anything.  I didn't get my period until I was 8.5months last time, so I probably ovulated a couple weeks before that.  Last time I didn't have to worry so much because my ex had to take Vit. C for us to actually get pregnant and without that help we weren't going to get pregnant, at least not easily. TIA

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#2 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 05:48 AM

Kellymom.com has a good fact sheet on LAM: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html
It's supposed to be very effective if your babe is young, EBF and you haven't had a period yet but I get pregnant easily and feel happier using a condom than taking the chance!

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
#3 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 AM

No experience with this personally, but a client of mine last year got pregnant at 2 months PP despite following LAM to a T (or so she said).

Honestly, I can't even imagine having sex ever again!!

BTW, good to see you around these parts again Cathy!! Hope you're doing well :)

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#4 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Happened to my mom - two months, bam!

There are so many stories of BF preventing periods, and many stories of BF failing at it. Life happens, nothing is 100% guaranteed, all things are not the same for everyone. Someone gets two years without periods, someone, like my mom, gets two months. How would you find out until it actually happens to you?

Better safe than sorry.

#5 of 8 Old 12-10-2011, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ChicknLil View Post

No experience with this personally, but a client of mine last year got pregnant at 2 months PP despite following LAM to a T (or so she said).

Honestly, I can't even imagine having sex ever again!!

BTW, good to see you around these parts again Cathy!! Hope you're doing well :)

We are doing well.  Looks like your babe has a full head of hair as well.  So precious.  Haha!!  I couldn't wait to have sex again!!!  lol.gif

Well, I guess I should start using protection.  I really don't want to mess with her breastfeeding until she is at least 2.  Yes, better safe than sorry.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#6 of 8 Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 AM

A girl from my local boob group took 2 years to get pregnant with her first daughter. So she didn't see the need to use contraception early when ebf her daughter. Her son and daughter are basically 1 year apart. She got pregnant before having a period at all.

I used the progesterone only pill as it was the most convenient thing which wouldn't affect bf, I couldn't get the copper coil as there was a high level of some bug when they did the swab which couldn't be treated with antibiotics while bf.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#7 of 8 Old 01-23-2012, 10:53 AM

Over 30 years ago, I was a stay at home Mom breast-feeding, no pumping, 100% on demand; had not had a period since L. was born, not quite 4 months earlier. Kept telling everyone I felt pregnant again; Impossible the hubby, friends, family, and midwives said. You have weird post-partum depression or something. No. I was pregnant. A. was born 13.5 months later. The same had happened to my Mom. Breastfeeding had become very painful (nipples). Breastfeeding while pregnant: Earth Mother wink1.gif All are heathy and happy. Weened L. quickly; had a lot of guilt over that for some reason. Hormones? Life happens! So use natural birth control, but if you do get pregnant right away, it's OK, everything happens for a reason. I was using cloth diapers, switched to a diaper service. No fake diapers! joy.giftreehugger.gif
#8 of 8 Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 AM

My son is 6 months old this week and I have not gotten my period yet. My husband and I bedshare with our son, he is always worn or held by me, ebf's on demand, is pretty much always with me b/c I have not left him yet ... I'm a SAHM, and I don't know what else qualifies. I hope that Im pregnant with #2 after he turns 2 ... I want to BF him until 2 or longer :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page