3 month old STILL eating every 1 1/2-2 hours around the clock...help!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 01-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I also nursed through bruised nipples, and horrible fatigue, I was ready to throw in the towel the first few days after DS2 was born (he is 2 weeks) when my milk came in, my breast hurt so bad, I thought I was going to die, but also was determined to fight through it. With my DS1 I gave up too soon, I nursed him for a week and then gave up because of the pain.

Right now we go through nursing for 10 minutes, every hour. I hope this is ok. He has been gaining weight and getting enough wet/soiled diapers.

I seem to have a fast flow though, because he seems to need to catch his breath, or pulls away, and fusses at the breast sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ChicknLil View Post

Absolutly!!! I was just so determined to see this BF thing through, I nursed him through bloody nipples, extreme pain, and continuing on through the fatigue. Growth spurts are evil. Two things keep me going...the sense of calm and peace I feel about 30 seconds into nursing him, and that smile he gives with the nipple still in his mouth :) Oh yeah, and the health and economic benefits aren't bad either...oooh, and being allowed to legally flash people!!

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 09-15-2012, 04:52 PM

My 8 week old eats 5-7 oz every 2 hours. I feel your pain...ive read everywhere that 30you oz is normal...hes eating 60-72 oz!
#33 of 34 Old 09-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjf72312 View Post

My 8 week old eats 5-7 oz every 2 hours. I feel your pain...ive read everywhere that 30you oz is normal...hes eating 60-72 oz!

Is your baby formula-fed or fed breastmilk?  That is an excessive amount of either for a newborn to eat either way.  

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#34 of 34 Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 PM

You've gotten some great advice, I just wanted to tell you that my DD was still waking that frequently at night and nursing that often at 3 months. Hang in there, it will get better, but man do I feel you. I'm pregnant again and I'm NOT looking forward to the no-sleep times when they are little.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page