Medela Bras in large sizes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-08-2012, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm due in a couple weeks and am shopping around now for a good nursing bra. I've already ordered and returned two and am getting a bit desperate. I'm an H cup now and really will probably need an I when my milk comes in. With DS I used a Medela bra, but hated it. That was 5 years ago, though. Has anyone used one recently in an H cup? How are they for support these days? Last time it was so horrible and there was zero support, but it was the only one I could find in my size. I'm heavily considering doing a conversion on a couple that I have now that may still work when my milk comes in, just for wearing around the house, then also converting one or two for wearing out (I SAH). But, I would rather buy one that will work and is already a nursing bra if I can.

So, how are the Medela bras these days?

#2 of 2 Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have not tried one lately, but did use them with DS1 (was a bit smaller than you at that time).  I am an H cup this time around and ended up going with a Fancee Free bra that I tried on at our local bra store (Wizard of Bras).  It was the only one that seemed to fit really well.  Support is moderate, and the bra that I have had for a year (used just about every day) no longer has much support at all.  I have not exactly taken good care of it though.  It has been used and abused and it shows.  The Wizard of Bras does have a website and telephone customer service,  Maybe give them a call and see if they can help?  They have a fitting school onsite, so may be able to offer some help even though you cannot go in personally to try things on.

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page