Nursing bra for unbelievably huge breasts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Now that I've finally found a bra that actually fits me, I find out I'm pregnant.  I'm not looking forward to the hunt that will ensue trying to find a nursing bra that actually fits.  I'm currently a 36O and I'm finding nothing out there for a nursing bra available in anything above an M.  It's not just the postpartum period I'm worried about, but mostly when I return to work as an RN.  I wear a custom compression sports bra now, which is WONDERFUL as it supports my chest and my upper back, but of course I won't be able to wear a compression bra when I'm nursing.

So, any recommendations on places to search or perhaps some custom places that may be able to help me?

RN (34), a bit of a treehugger.gif, fur mama to 3 cat.gif and 1 horse,with a wonderful, artistic hubby (41), married since 2004.

Mama to D.G., born 9/19/12 at 32w4d, who happily fly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfambedsingle1.gifcd.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 PM

I have trouble finding bras, but not THAT much trouble. Yikes! Maybe start with the place that made the bras you wear now? If they can't customize a nursing bra, they might have an idea of someone else who does.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

How about taking a bra that fits & converting it to the nursing bra? You can buy the clasps & either do it yourself or have a seamstress do it.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 03-09-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

The fun part will be finding one that fits, lol.  The one I recently found doesn't come any larger, and my boobs are already getting bigger. Ugh.

RN (34), a bit of a treehugger.gif, fur mama to 3 cat.gif and 1 horse,with a wonderful, artistic hubby (41), married since 2004.

Mama to D.G., born 9/19/12 at 32w4d, who happily fly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfambedsingle1.gifcd.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gif 

User Tag List