Mothering Forum banner

Nursing Wear/Clothes

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  UrbanMamma 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations on good nursing clothes? I've never really felt they were necessary but nursing twins tandomlly in public can be a bit of a circus and I think a few good shirts or dresses might help. I'm looking for quality and stylish (do they exist?).

#2 ·
Quality? Yes...

Stylish?
eyesroll.gif

I have the dress and the sleeveless top from Milk, and they are very comfortable and for casual around-the-house wear they're stylish enough. I am fairly short (5'2") and shorter up-top and the peek-top blouse rode too low on me. The clothes seem to be cut for someone in the 5'5" range - pretty standard. I felt the tops ran true-to-size, a bit large in the waist.

I have also used Old Navy's nursing wear, which is hit-or miss. It's not horribly stylish... but it works for around the house.

I do not NIP, so no use there.

#3 ·
I've liked Momzelle. The clothing is well-designed, not 'stylish' really but low-key and doesn't have that frumpy baggy look of too many layers that happens with most of the other nursingwear I'e tried. It does run slightly large but I find drying on hot fixes that a bit. hth

#4 ·
I'm using the undercover mama tanks: they're strapless tanks that you hook onto your nursing bra. I like them because I can wear my pre-pregnancy shirts over them, thus I don't need a completely new wardrobe! Neat if you don't mind the layered look
winky.gif
Order a size larger than you're used to b/c they run a size smaller.

#5 ·
Thanks ladIes. I am glad a got a review of the undercover mama. That might work for me. I'm not so worried about nursing at home but making things work while out. I'd also like a couple of nice summer dresses but I havent found anything yet that I really like the design. Japanese Weekend seem promising but I hate to spend that kind of money without trying them on.

#6 ·
I like a nursing tank under a regular shirt as well (or a belly band + nursing bra, same idea as the Undercover Mama) except it's no good for nursing in a sling/wrap - too hard to get the whole shirt up when it's pressed between you and the baby. That's where the nursing tops come in handy. Also for airplane travel, the crossover nursing shirts are super discreet - you can basically just peek your nipple out between the layers. Much less obvious than pulling your whole shirt up.

Reactions: Thandiwe
#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambera View Post

I like a nursing tank under a regular shirt as well (or a belly band + nursing bra, same idea as the Undercover Mama) except it's no good for nursing in a sling/wrap - too hard to get the whole shirt up when it's pressed between you and the baby. That's where the nursing tops come in handy. Also for airplane travel, the crossover nursing shirts are super discreet - you can basically just peek your nipple out between the layers. Much less obvious than pulling your whole shirt up.
I have several nursing tanks that I'm using like crazy and I'm sick of my belly bands (they move around too much). But I think the Undercover Mama will be nice to try. I do wrap a lot and think that actual nursing shirts will make it a lot easier. Plus I would like a few sundresses for the summer :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZB View Post

You can order awesome nursing wear online! I had good results with this store: http://www.mommygear.com/
Thanks! This sight is great. I think it will do the trick.

#10 ·
I like to purchase cheap undershirt tank tops and layer those under my regular shirts. Then I just pull up my shirt and pull my breast out the top of the tank top. I don't worry about stretching it because it's cheap. Smaller sized men's undershirt tanks work well too!

#11 ·
I love my Japanese weekend shirts and dresses, although certain styles do better than others for my body type. I am 5' and thus find that double v-necks do better than the scooped neck that seems so popular. Anyways, I've picked up a few dresses that are current or just last season off of Ebay at about 1/2 price. Maybe you could try that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.