Mothering Forum banner

nursing with new top teeth uncomfortable

512 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mommy2lizziesue 
#1 ·
My son (almost 8 months old) recently cut his bottom teeth, and now his top teeth are cutting through. I can already feel the sharp little things on my nipple while nursing, it feels uncomfortable.

I am worried about nursing with teeth, because he used to have the most horrible latch until he was 4 months old.

How can I make sure to avoid any trauma caused by his top teeth now? Is there a way to make sure he latches well with teeth?

#3 ·
My DS' latch got a little lazy around when he cut his first few teeth. I did the same thing as when we had a bad latch when he was a newborn. I took him off, and tried again. It took him about 2 days to catch on that he wasn't going to get a good, uninterrupted meal unless he latched on properly. He's 20 months now and we haven't really had any problems since then, even though he has a whole bunch of teeth now. If you can feel teeth, he isn't latched on right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.