pumping suction problem - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,  I have a medela freestyle that is about 3 years old that I used with my first child and now I'm using for my twins.  I recently started to have problems with the suction and was wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they corrected it.  While pumping my nipple/breast seems to get stuck in the phlange and doesn't move with the vacuum or express milk.  I have to break the seal to get the pumping action going again - sometimes that will solve the issue but often it will happen again 30 seconds later.  I've tried different size phlanges as well as different suction powers (both less and more) but I can't figure out the problem.  It was working pretty well until about 2 weeks ago (my twins are 5 months now).  Any suggestions?

Thanks

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#2 of 2 Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd call Medela customer service. They will give you some tips or tricks to try and could help diagnose what's going on. But if your pump is 3 years old and has had a lot of use, it may be dying. greensad.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page