Less wet diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-08-2012, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(This is kind of a piggyback to a previous post of mine.)

I am worried my DS may not be getting enough.  He is 9 weeks old and is having less wet diapers.  I used to have to constantly change him.  Every time I turned around, he was wet again, going no longer than an hour without a wet diaper, day and night.  Now, I notice he will go hours without a wet diaper, like 3 or 4 hours. He's been doing that the past few days.  I've had concerns about my supply already because my breasts felt soft and empty, but my research assured me that that does not always mean a low supply; however, that coupled with his less wet diapers is concerning me.  I think he is still hitting the mark of 4-5 wet diapers a day but him having much less the amount of wet diapers than he did previously bothers me.  Is this normal? And what could it mean? I'm trying to think of all reasons before I conclude that I have a low supply and he is not getting enough.  I wonder if he is just getting more hindmilk now that my supply has regulated itself and maybe that's why he is having less wets?? At his last well visit, his weight was great but he hasn't been weighed since then because this issue has just started the past few days, basically when I noticed my breasts were softer. I just don't want him to lose any weight since he has been thriving so well so far.

Should I be concerned?

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#2 of 3 Old 04-08-2012, 04:38 PM

I would say that it's pretty normal for your breasts to get soft after your body adjusts. You could always take baby to a lactation consultant and have baby weighed. Then weighed again after a few days or a week. If you really think your milk supply is getting low, you could drink something like Breastea to help increase your milk supply. Make sure you are breastfeeding as often as possible.

#3 of 3 Old 04-08-2012, 06:10 PM

After about 6-8 weeks I think my little guy started to pee less often, but heavier pees. So instead of having 3 pees in 2 hours, he'd go 2-3 hours between pees, but pee the same amount of urine as combining those 3 pees before. Does that make sense?

If your little one peeing more but less often?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page