LAM length with age? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wondering if your return to fertility lengthened with each child.

My first came back at 8 months.  I'm now at 17 months and no sign of return.  DH is starting to think my childbearing years are over (I'm 35)!  I read that 16 months is the median, but am surprised that nightweaning and supplimenting have not affected it.  Plus we used pacifiers and a crib. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 PM

my 1st breastfed child was 13 months when lovely flo returned, she was sleeping through the night for months by then and didn't nurse much in the day. my 2nd breastfed child was around 16 months and had only been sleeping through the night a couple of weeks but nursed alot in the day. right now this baby is 7 months and i haven't started yet, she nurses about every 2 hours in the day and every 45 minuyes or so at night.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM

It took me just over two years for AF to come back after DS1, and we got pregnant the first time we tried after that- I was 35.  I had a Mirena after DS2, so it didn't come back until I had that removed, and we got pregnant after my first cycle, at age 39.  Long absence of menses didn't indicate any reduced fertility in my case!

User Tag List