Nursing tank tops - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-15-2012, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have 2 Glamamom tanks and I dont like them that much. The fabric is too thick and uncomfortable. The clasps are huge, very noticable. Any recommendations for nursing tanks that are more comfortable? What about the Bravado one?

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 PM

I've gotten several nursing tanks, I wear nursing tanks practically all the time as they are the most comfortable and offer the easiest access for baby to the breast, as well as cover my waist and back fat while nursing, lol.  The kind I wear ALL the time are from Motherhood Maternity.  I guess you could consider the clasps large, but I find those clasps (hard to explain what they look like) the easiest to open.  Beware in your quest to have small clasps, the kind that look pretty, but are next to impossible to open or close without using two hands and a flashlight when it's dark. ;)  I had a few like that and was so awkward trying to get them closed, that I actually had people offer to help me, LOL!  So make sure you try the clasps out a few times when trying them on.  I haven't tried either of the ones you mentioned, but always have my ears open for new ones so I will take a look at those!  Sorry I'm not much help!

#3 of 7 Old 07-17-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! You did help! I'll look at the Motherhood Maternity ones.

I'm fine with the clasps being normal sized but the Glamamom ones are huge!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#4 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM

I really like the Bravado ones. I have several. I've never had any problems with the clasps, and they are small.

#5 of 7 Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM

I wear the Gilligan & O'Malley nursing tanks from Target. I bought a whole bunch of them when a specific style was being discontinued and they were on clearance for like $10 each. They are pretty loose fitting and don't have any extra padding/cup molding. Just basic tanks with minimal support. I'm not sure if they would work for every woman, but they're fine for me (a C cup). For the price, I think they're at least worth it for lounging/sleeping.

Mama, birth worker, and dreamer extraordinaire. slingboy.gif

Please read the NEW User Agreement.

#6 of 7 Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 PM

I've got the bravado ones and I like them a lot! They are thick, though, so may be more like the glamormom tanks that you don't like. I'm also busty (dd-ddd) so I need a really supportive tank. The tanks I've found at target/other grocery type stores just aren't supportive enough for me.

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!
#7 of 7 Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 AM

Great tank is the Naked Tank - i absolutely LOVE it.  It is made from bamboo and allows you to wear your own choice of bra and turns any shirt you already own (think 'no nursing tops or maternity tops') into a nursing friendly top.  No clasps to struggle with, no 'uni-boob' or 'one size fits none' problems.  i am the proud owner of large boobs and always struggled with finding a top that would either accomodate them or allow them to fit out the nursing 'holes'. The shelf bras did nothing for me as far as support so i would always end up wearing my own bra, then a tank then my shirt ...waaayyyy to many layers to fight through when a screaming hungry baby was wanting to eat LOL. i love the fact that the material is bamboo with a bit of lycra.  By far the best top i have owned - i have one to wear while the other is in the wash.  Here is their website www.nakedtank.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page