weight loss - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I know this has probably been discussed many times but here it  goes. I am the proud mother of 3 kids and the youngest one is just 2 months old. I breastfed the older ones and now BF the baby on demand as well.  With my older kids I quickly returned to pre-pregnancy weight and then lost some more. I gained much more this pregnancy than with the previous two and now I`m not losing much of the extra weight either. I`m not impatient but after the initial few pounds I stopped losing altogether. I haven`t lost any in a month. I`m not overweight just not my comfortable size KWIM?

Have any of you ended up losing the extra weight after a certain time? I eat like a horse and exercise with three small kids is not easy. Do you have any healthy tips to get back into shape?  Or am I just too impatient? After all it`s barely been two months since I gave birth.

TIA

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I can say that after my third it was much harder to get back into shape. Still trying and she is 7!! I was also older so that was an additional challenge (I had her at 41).

For me a baby jogger/stroller was the answer, though that still requires another adult to be home. I have also used exercise videos. I do run, not far, but just getting a 20 minute run in, in the morning, seems to boost my metabolism all day.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

I guess that is true. I`ve also heard other moms say that losing weight after the third was really hard. I`m not much of a runner but I do like to walk so I`ll do that. You are right though, getting some exercise with three kids requires someone at home. Even when I do get out with my kiddos they stop everywhere so I don`t feel like I`m making any progress..

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Some gyms offer child care for a small fee (of course this is on top of the gym fee). I am not sure if this is an option for you? I also work full time so I could never make that work but if you have more time to work with, it might be a good idea.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

I don`t live in the States and not sure what`s available here..:(

Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Do you wear your baby?  I never realized just how much it helped until my youngest stopped being worn & I gained 15+ lbs. :-(

I wanted to take walks.  My three children had other plans.  I've walked up & down my driveway while they are playing in the yard.  I've even been known to use my now-vacant baby carriers to carry many pounds (up to 6) of grains (easy because it comes in pound or increments of pounds).

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

User Tag List