Clogged something need help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mamas

I just discovered a lump feels like a clogged duct or something. Thing is its right behind my areola so while babe is eating I don't know how I'd compress it...which is what I typically do. Any suggestions? It's in a weird spot. This side has been sore today and now I know why...
#2 of 6 Old 09-05-2012, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

With clogged ducts, I sometimes found heat helpful. Maybe you could try applying a bit of hear before your baby eating and seeing if the combination of heat and then nursing helps unclog the duct? I hope some other mamas will have suggestions and I hope you feel better soon!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 AM

Massaging the area in the shower helped me, usually I'd have the shower water hitting just above my breast, just trying to gently work out the clog and maybe try to hand express a bit too? Maybe massage the area a bit right before BFing or massage that breast while feeding from the other side? Hopefully one of those will help.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#4 of 6 Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas

Ive been massaging and heat before feeding. I'll continue some more and get in the shower. I hope i work it out!
#5 of 6 Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Ps I might try the lie baby flat and feed him vertically trick too if he'll keep still. My feeling is this came about when babies decided to do a sit up and nurse bit.
#6 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

How are you doing today, shweethart?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page